Mobile/Credit Card Payment Changes:
If your troop still chooses to use a separate mobile payment program….
- Services like Zelle, Venmo and Cash App may NOT be linked to troop bank accounts.·
- Credit card processing for in-person and booth sales is now available directly in Smart Cookies with no separate mobile payment account or Card reader needed. A 2% fee will be applied to the troop.
- Council will provide a list of approved companies, guidelines, and Tax ID info for troops who want to open and manage a mobile payment account on their own.
- All Mobile Payment funds must be directed to TROOP Bank Accounts.
- Troops are responsible for any resulting fees/liabilities.
- The Troop Coordinator can add/manage troop users, seek support from servicing company, and access reports on their own.
- Troop payments must still be made to Council in full through standard swoop and sweep.
TROOP MOBILE PAYMENT ACCOUNT GUIDELINES AND INFORMATION
1. Before choosing which provider will best fit you or your troop’s needs, please be sure to do your own research on the provider. Including but not limited to the issues below:
- Fee schedule
- Deposit schedule
- Obtaining card readers
- Adding users
- Credit Cards accepted
- Other associated costs *Read the fine print
2. When setting up the account:
- Organization Name is:
Girl Scouts of San Gorgonio Council, Tax ID: 95-1967727
- If Applicable, set your account DBA (doing Business as) GS Troop X X X X
-If DBA is not a separate option from organization name, please be sure to edit your profile and/or receipt message to indicate your Troop #.
- Select Business Type:
-Options vary depending on the provider. Select an option that applies to a non-profit or charitable organization.
o The Mobile Payment Coordinator for the troop will provide their personal information as the Account Owner.
*Contact Customer Service/Support for your selected provider directly for additional set up questions or assistance, do not contact Council.
3. All accounts must be set up to deposit directly into the Troop GSSGC Bank Account- No accounts may run through Personal Bank Accounts or PayPal accounts
4. Deposits and Fees will be reported on your troop’s annual TFR.
5. Troops are responsible for any resulting fees or liabilities.
6. The Troop Mobile Payment Coordinator can add/manage troop users, seek support direct from servicing company, and access reports on their own.
- Troop Mobile Payment Coordinators/Leaders must confirm that any mobile payments being processed by troop members/families are correctly associated with the Troop Mobile Payment Account, and check for the corresponding deposits into the Troop GSSGC Bank Account.
7. Troop payments must still be made to Council in full through standard scheduled swoop and sweep procedures.
***GSSGC does not favor any particular Credit Card Processing provider. The providers listed below are a few of the approved companies. If you would like to use a different company, you do not need council approval, but you must ensure that it does not violate any of guidelines indicated above.
MOBILE PAYMENT PROVIDERS – (PayPal Here is NOT an approved service for GSSGC Troop Mobile Payment Accounts)
If you have any additional questions, please email Product Sales at: email@example.com