Savory slices of shortbread with a refreshingly tangy lemon flavored icing.
Thanks for helping us reduce waste! By eliminating the carton on Thanks-A-Lot® and Lemonades, Girl Scouts of the USA and ABC Bakers are taking more than 300 tons of paperboard out of the waste stream annually.
LEMON AND STRAWBERRY DELIGHT
15 Lemonades, coarsely crushed (about 2 cups)
1 (21 ounce) can strawberries
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped toppings, thawed
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate,thawed
Sprinkle 1 tablespoon crushed cookies into each of 8 (8 ounce) parfait glasses. Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons berries over cookies in each glass. Spoon whipped topping into a bowl; fold in condensed milk and lemonade concentrate. Spoon 2 tablespoons whipped topping mixture over berries in each glass. Repeat layers once. Top evenly with remaining crushed cookies. Cover and chill 4 hours.
LEMONADES YOGURT PARFAIT
8 Lemonades Girl Scout cookies, coarsely crushed
¼ c. sweetened dried cranberries
4 (6 oz.) containers flavored yogurt
1 c. chopped mixed fruit (bananas, grapes, mandarin oranges, kiwi or blueberries)
4 Lemonades Girl Scout cookies for garnishing
Combine crushed cookies and cranberries.
Divide cookie mixture.
Spoon half of cookie mixture into the bottom of four tall and narrow dessert glasses.
Top with half of yogurt and half of mixed fruit pieces.
Garnish each dessert with 1 whole cookie.
Kitchen Tip: To crush cookies, place cookies into self-sealing plastic bag and close. Place bag on cutting board and use rolling pin to crush cookies into coarse crumbs.
Kitchen Tip: To make these parfaits as a troop activity, use clear tall plastic cups. Have an assortment of yogurt flavors and fruits so each girl can make a parfait with her favorite yogurt and fruit.
TASTY LEMONADES DOUBLE-DIPPED STRAWBERRIES
1 c. (8 oz.) white chocolate morsels
1 tbs. shortening
1 pt. medium strawberries, rinsed and well dried
6 Lemonades Girl Scout cookies, coarsely crushed
Melt white chocolate morsels and shortening in microwave-safe bowl on medium-high (70%) power for 1 minute.
Stir just until morsels are melted.
If necessary, microwave at additional 10-second intervals and stir until melted.
Dip strawberries into melted chocolate; roll in crushed cookies.
Place on waxed paper-lined plate and refrigerate until set.
Store in refrigerator no longer than 24 hours.
Kitchen Tip: Strawberries should be dried very well. Pat with paper towel before dipping into melted chocolate to remove excess moisture.
Lemonades Girl Scout cookies (any amount)
Fresh strawberries (any amount)
Cut the top off the strawberries.
Throw away the top OR compost it.
Cut the strawberries into thin slices, and then place 2 slices onto each cookie.
Freeze for a few hours before serving so they’re cool, refreshing, and crispy.
- 1 box of Lemonades
- 1 box of vanilla cake mix
- Follow instructions for cake mix on the box. Rather than use entire mix, substitute 1/3 box mix for a packet of Girl Scout Lemonades. If batter is a little dry, add 1 tablespoon at a time of additional water or milk of your choosing.
- Bake in the oven as usual. Let cool, then apply your frosting.
Lemon Frosting for Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup softened butter (not margarine!)
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Mix the butter, shortening, and vanilla together in a stand mixer until creamy. Add the sugar and lemon juice and mix (slowly at first, or it will splash) until fluffy.
- Add the zest and mix until incorporated. At this point, take a moment to taste this wondrous concoction you’ve just created, because you’ll hardly believe how good it is!
Lemon Crunch Cheesecakes With Caramel Apples
- 8 Lemonades Girl Scout cookies; 5 crushed, and 3 broken into small pieces
- 4 tsp. butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ c. sugar
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 c. finely chopped apple
- 1/3 c. caramel-flavored topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 6 foil baking cups in muffin pan.
- Combine crushed cookies and butter.
- Press crumb mixture into bottom of each foil cup.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until blended.
- Add egg; beat on low speed just until blended.
- Stir in cookie pieces.
- Spoon batter evenly over lemon crunch crust.
- Bake 20 minutes or until centers are almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving remove cheesecakes from foil cups. Top each cheesecake with chopped apple. Drizzle caramel topping over cheesecakes.